Kaunas Town Hall
September 18th – October 22nd
Upon arriving to the museum, a new exhibit has a long way to go before it is ready to meet our visitors. To shorten this path, museologists begin to periodically display the latest and most interesting exhibit of our museum.
In the spring of 1940, there were almost two thousand registered cars in Lithuania. As the registration fee for a car increased from 30 to 50 litas that year, its owner was informed in writing to pay the additional fee. When the Soviet occupation started, a large part of the cars were nationalized. This one could not be saved either: it was requisitioned at the end of the war; later, it was returned ruined and was eventually stolen.
See our “New Arrival” until October 22nd at Kaunas Town Hall (Rotušės sq. 15).